Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hypocrisy!

A friend of mine came across this blog post. People are so stupid about some things... especially breastfeeding. I think BFing is great and not offensive. I don't care if I see someone out in public nursing their child. I think it is OFFENSIVE when I see women, or GIRLS even, wearing clothes where their boobs are hanging out all over the place. THAT is sexual and offensive. BFing is NOT. Hypocrites! Go to any other country and it is common place to see someone nursing their child, FEEDING their child, out in public.

My opinion. And I know I sound like some BFing advocate or something, but I love it. I enjoyed BFing for as long as I did. I loved the cost: FREE! I love the special bond I have with my little girl. I loved when she looked up into my eyes as she nursed. I loved NEVER having to clean a bottle. I loved chatting with other nursing moms. Etc. Etc.

I have a huge problem with people who have a problem with nursing. Get over it.

Anyways, here is the link again to the blog post.
http://eclecticeffervescence.blogspot.com/2010/03/offense.html
**There is some language in the post**

I'm sure the people who decide which pictures are "offensive" on Facebook are guys. PIGS!

3 comments:

  1. I think breastfeeding is great and I admire anyone who does it! I agree that it's hypocritical but I don't want to see anyone's boobs, babies attached to them or not. There are so many great nursing covers that are really cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I don't want to see their boobs either. People just get funny when they know someone is nursing in public.. covered! But I just think Facebook has some serious problems not deleting the sexual pics, but deleting the BFing ones saying they are sexual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Agreed! I think way too much blatantly gross stuff manages to slip past on facebook, but somehow breastfeeding isn't ok?? Weird.

    ReplyDelete